School Systems are already starting to close, and Governor Kemp has closed all government offices for tomorrow. The weather should not be an issue until temps falling to freezing by early to mid-afternoon, which could cause problems on some roads, bridges and overpasses. We do NOT want a repeat of 2014 where some students and faculty […]
We are monitoring the weather situation for Tuesday, and remainder of the week. We will notify you should we close school. Per our closing procedures, we automatically close whenever Cobb closes, or whenever 2 of the following close: Bartow, Cherokee, Fulton, or Paulding. As always, should conditions where you live make travel unsafe, please stay […]
We are monitoring the weather conditions and will keep you updated. At this time, there are no indications we will not be able to have school tomorrow, should that change, we will let you know. As always, if conditions near your house, flooding, power outages, electrical lines down, etc…, make it dangerous, please stay home, […]
Per our closing procedures, we close whenever Cobb closes, or whenever 2 of the following close: Bartow, Cherokee, Fulton, or Paulding. We were in the process of deciding based on teacher and family issues with conditions, as well as those having flu. However, Paulding and Bartow closed. So we closed based on our procedures. Then […]
It’s only 18°F (-7.8°C) right now and not predicted to get above freezing until noon tomorrow with single digit to sub-zero wind chills. It is highly unlikely we will see enough sublimation (evaporation without melting) to make road conditions safe, AND it will be terribly cold. Out if concern for the safety of students, families, […]
We are closing tomorrow. Cobb government offices are closing, it’s snowing here, low temps plus sub zero wind chills presicted. Stay warm!
After careful consideration we have decided to cancel school tomorrow. The school is right on the line of projected start times anywhere between 10AM and 4PM, along with very cold and possibly sub-zero wind chill. The potential risks far outweigh any academic benefit.
After the most recent update from National Weather Service, we have decided in the interest of everyone’s safety to close Monday. Sleet/Wintery Mix is expected to start early in the morning and temperatures will not rise above freezing until after opening, or later. The early models would affect opening, the late ones could create problems […]
We are still monitoring the weather situation for Monday. We should have a definitive decision tomorrow evening, early Sunday at latest. Thanks. ?
At this time, we plan to be open tomorrow. However, if you are still affected by a power outage, or do not have water, or find road conditions on secondary roads are still not safe, please do not hesitate to stay home. In the event conditions should change, we will keep you informed.
We visited the school today. All that shiny stuff is ice, and thick. Not only is it unlikely that all of it and all of the snow will melt, it won’t evaporate and will refreeze tonight. This will make the parking lot, sidewalks, and playground unsafe. Consequently, we will not have school tomorrow. Enjoy the […]
UPDATE 2:50 PM: With the rain this afternoon, probably turning into a wintery mix through the night, and temperatures dropping throughout the day tomorrow, in the interest of safety for the students and families, we will not have school tomorrow. 10:53 AM: We are aware of the possibility of snow tomorrow and are monitoring the situation. […]
We hope all of you have weathered the storm with minimal damage. Things are looking good right now in Acworth. We don’t have any major road blockages and did not lose power. We plan to be open with a regular schedule tomorrow, Wednesday, September 13.
Though Irma should be well past us Tuesday morning, the likelihood of power outages and roads blocked because of fallen trees is very high, and very possibly worse for some families than others.
We will be closed Monday, September 11 as a result of the potential impact of Hurricane Irma.
We are closely monitoring the weather situation with hurricane Irma and will keep you notified of any information as we are able. Please bear in mind that the information is only as accurate as we know at the time. Things can change quickly, so always go with what The Weather Channel and news outlets are […]
Today we were able to assess conditions at the lake. The current conditions, a lot of standing water and flooding, combined with the amount of rain expected today & tomorrow (almost 1.5″),