Brookwood Christian Language School’s admission procedures ensure that each student is appropriate for one of our programs. Appropriate students for the LD program will either have a true mild to moderate language based learning disability, need ESL services, or need a small group setting. Students who are not performing well in school due to emotional or behavior problems are not generally successful with our program. If you feel this is an appropriate school for your child, the following admission procedures should be followed:
- Contact us to schedule an appointment to visit the school.
- Parents visit the school then schedule a shadow day for the child. No child will be admitted without completing a shadow day.
- Submit the application along with a $300 non-refundable deposit and a current psychological report. If you do not have a current psychological report, please present documentation (standardized test, report cards, SST files, etc.) if your child is performing below average in school. [2019-2020 Application]
- Give your child’s current school the release form requesting his/her transcript, medical records, and test scores be mailed to us.
- Give your child’s teachers the teacher evaluation form to be mailed to us.
- Once all of these items have been received, a decision will be made. Decisions made by the Admissions Committee are based upon all information submitted, testing results, space availability and appropriateness of the child’s learning disability.
Children currently enrolled in BCLS will be considered for re-enrollment during the month of March. Please watch notices on re-enrollment deadlines. Following the re-enrollment deadline, enrollment will be available to outside accepted applicants. After vacancies are filled, all other interested students will be placed on a wait list.
Brookwood Christian does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, admissions, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, students, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.