Support Brookwood Christian and help provide student scholarships by simply contributing to the Georgia Tax Credit Scholarship Program for a 100% GEORGIA INCOME TAX CREDIT. You will make a positive impact on our school, in our community, and across our state!
In the Spring of 2018, Governor Nathan Deal signed House Bill 217 which raised the $58 million cap to $100 million, making it possible for more people to fully contribute to these scholarships. Thanks to your generosity, we saw a 61% increase in participation and a threefold increase in donations, since the cap was raised. This goes a long way to help our students!
In November 2020, the Georgia Public Policy Foundation determined that Georgia’s tax credit scholarship program saves state taxpayers millions of dollars. Imagine saving millions of taxpayer dollars, getting a dollar for dollar tax credit, AND helping our school all in one step!
Your participation will allow us to admit excellent, deserving student applicants and alleviate some of the financial hardships for their families. We ask that you help these students to reach their potential and achieve their dreams.
Since 2010 we have awarded 130 scholarships from $206,777 in donations.
Tax Credit Limits Based on Filing Status
- Single or head of household – up to $1,000
- Married couple filing a joint return – up to $2,500
- Married couple filing a separate return – up to $1,250
- S corporation shareholder, LLC member, or partnership partner – up to $10,000
- C corporation or Trust – up to 75% of annual Georgia income tax liability
How to Contribute & Take the Tax Credit
- Apply Now
- APOGEE will continue to submit any tax credit applications that come through their website until the 2021 cap has been reached
- Complete the 2021 APOGEE Tax Credit Application today at www.apogee123.org/forms (takes just 20 seconds!).
- APOGEE Submits to the Georgia Department of Revenue.
- On the first business day of January 2021, APOGEE begins submitting applications to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR).
- If you pledge after the December deadline, these will be submitted soon after you pledge.
- Applicants are Approved to Contribute.
- APOGEE and DOR notify you of tax credit approval and amount in January 2021
- If you pledge after the December deadline, you will be notified within a few weeks of pledging.
- Make Payment.
- Pay APOGEE by check or credit card within 60 days of DOR approval (mid-March 2021).
- If you pledge after the December deadline, you will receive a deadline to make payment.
- Make payment online: https://apogee123.org/donation-checkout
- Mail check:
- Make check out to APOGEE Scholarship Fund
- Include Brookwood Christian Language School on memo line
- Mail to:
The Apogee Georgia School Choice Scholarship Fund
PO Box 745815
Atlanta, GA, 30374-5815
- Take the Credit.
- In June, APOGEE will send you a letter with attached Form IT-QEE-SSO1 (tax receipt) for claiming the credit on your 2021 Georgia income tax return
- You will take the credit when you file your 2021 taxes in April of 2022
After Pledges are Fulfilled
We then receive the funds to apply scholarships for our eligible students. Our students attend private school out of need only. They are not being served in public school. It is not a luxury, and many families struggle with our tuition, though it is the lowest among the 5 other metro area schools that serve students with dyslexia. Most of those schools do not serve students with other language or auditory processing disorders, and only 1 serves high school students.
If you have a student enrolled at Brookwood, you may be eligible for the scholarship funds depending on eligibility criteria.
Do you still have questions about the Georgia Tax Credit Scholarship? Watch this video or visit our FAQ page.
2021 Tax Credit Donors ~
$45,000 raised ($47,500 pledged)
Deborah & Matthew Ardis
Tracy & John Atha
Michelle & Paige Cook
Sherry & Patrick Gallagher
Meredith & Joshua Joiner
Angela & Mark Mauelshagen
Julie & John Pereira
Karen & Stephen Pitts
Eva & Geoffrey Reh
Rebekah & Warren Resh III
Jamie & Jeremy Ryals
Elizabeth & Bryan Schneider
Amy & Eric Steinlight
Tammy & James Urban
Terri & Mike Whitehurst
Kim & Kevin Wigington
*NOTE: The 2021 donation season is still open. There is still time to pledge and make your donation. Complete the 2021 APOGEE Tax Credit Application today at www.apogee123.org/forms (takes just 20 seconds!).
Brookwood Christian School respects your privacy and will never release your contact, check, or credit card information, unless required by law.
You can access our 501(c)(3) Determination Letter, IRS W-9, IRS Form 990s, and Annual Reports HERE