Due to the weather forecast we will close school tomorrow. While Cobb and Paulding are going virtual tomorrow, and virtual options make sense in some situations, the probability of power outages in many locations for our families make it problematic to plan for quality instruction. Stay safe! and we’ll keep you updated as this weather pattern […]
Because of the possibility of local flooding and power outages, we will be closed tomorrow, 10/29/2020. Students in grades 7-12 need to check Google Classroom and email for assignments but you do not have to check in on Google Meet. For future reference, we close for inclement weather under the following conditions: When COBB COUNTY […]
Here is an interesting meteorology activity by the National Hurricane Center, for 4th, 5th, & 6th graders. “These webinars will focus on the job of a meteorologist, the weather hazards that come with hurricanes, and how meteorologists get you the weather information you need before a storm. “Registration links available about a week before the […]
Here is a cool art project just using glue, salt, and water color! Salt Art by A Girl and a Glue Gun. There are other great arts & craft ideas too, such as: Cookie Cutter Art, Yarn Rainbows, Friendship Bracelets, and tons more!
During this challenging time of COVID-19 school closing, we have moved to a distance learning model that, thanks to both our families’ patience and support and our teachers hard work, seems to be working very well. We are sharing various things to support and enhance these efforts on our school’s Facebook Page (like & follow […]
Watch Ms. Nadiya demonstrate and art project perfect for stay at home during this closure! “In this video we will learn how to make a collage using recycled materials.”
BREAKING NEWS: Governor Kemp has just announced that schools will remained closed through at least April 24, 2020. This is 2 weeks longer than we last anticipated. You can read more HERE. We will continue to work diligently to deliver instruction to your students during this time and will keep you updated with any new […]
Late yesterday afternoon the City of Acworth made a Declaration of Emergency regarding the current COVID-19 crisis. This order is effective from 12:00PM, Wednesday, March 25, 2020 through 12:00PM, Monday, April 6, 2020. To briefly summarize sections that affect the school the most: No business, establishment, corporation, non-profit corporation or organization shall allow more than […]
In accordance with Governor Kemp’s suggestion yesterday and guidance from the Georgia Department of Health (DPH) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Brookwood Christian School will move to Distance Learning effective Monday, March 16. We will remain closed for the week and update you on a week by week basis. While our campus […]
Research shows that SMS open rates are as high as 98%, compared to just 20% of all emails. And, on average, it takes 90 seconds for someone to respond to a text and 90 minutes to respond to an email. Because of this, we send out time sensitive information via our Parent Alert System, which […]
In light of recent events surrounding COVID-19 we want to clarify our school closing policy. We have previously stated that : “If you hear Cobb County Schools close, we will automatically close. We will also close if any 2 of the following close: Bartow, Cherokee, Fulton, or Paulding. If conditions in your area are not […]
You are probably aware of recent events and the concern over the global 2019 novel coronavirus (also reported as COVID-19 or 2019-nCoV) outbreak. Most of these cases have been reported in China, Europe, and other Asian countries. At this time there are 28 cases in the United States, over half if those are on the […]
Today at 5PM we will test our Parent Alert EMERGENCY ALERT system. We hope we never have to use this other than an annual test. We will NEVER do a test during school hours. If an Emergency Alert is sent during school hours, it will say “EMERGENCY” and it will be an actual emergency, and […]
School Systems are already starting to close, and Governor Kemp has closed all government offices for tomorrow. The weather should not be an issue until temps falling to freezing by early to mid-afternoon, which could cause problems on some roads, bridges and overpasses. We do NOT want a repeat of 2014 where some students and faculty […]
We are monitoring the weather situation for Tuesday, and remainder of the week. We will notify you should we close school. Per our closing procedures, we automatically close whenever Cobb closes, or whenever 2 of the following close: Bartow, Cherokee, Fulton, or Paulding. As always, should conditions where you live make travel unsafe, please stay […]
In the interest of the safety of our faculty and staff, there will be no school tomorrow… Because of the high likelihood of black ice tomorrow, 12/11/2018, and We have families traveling from 6 counties which will be impacted at various levels, combined with It is not expected to get above freezing before 10AM at […]
We are monitoring the weather conditions and will keep you updated. At this time, there are no indications we will not be able to have school tomorrow, should that change, we will let you know. As always, if conditions near your house, flooding, power outages, electrical lines down, etc…, make it dangerous, please stay home, […]
WEATHER UPDATE: We’ve been monitoring the track of Hurricane Michael through local and national forecasts. At this time, we do not foresee the hurricane seriously affecting us having school. At this time we are not cancelled. Please continue to check our website and social media sites for updates.
Per our closing procedures, we close whenever Cobb closes, or whenever 2 of the following close: Bartow, Cherokee, Fulton, or Paulding. We were in the process of deciding based on teacher and family issues with conditions, as well as those having flu. However, Paulding and Bartow closed. So we closed based on our procedures. Then […]
It’s only 18°F (-7.8°C) right now and not predicted to get above freezing until noon tomorrow with single digit to sub-zero wind chills. It is highly unlikely we will see enough sublimation (evaporation without melting) to make road conditions safe, AND it will be terribly cold. Out if concern for the safety of students, families, […]
We are closing tomorrow. Cobb government offices are closing, it’s snowing here, low temps plus sub zero wind chills presicted. Stay warm!
After careful consideration we have decided to cancel school tomorrow. The school is right on the line of projected start times anywhere between 10AM and 4PM, along with very cold and possibly sub-zero wind chill. The potential risks far outweigh any academic benefit.
After the most recent update from National Weather Service, we have decided in the interest of everyone’s safety to close Monday. Sleet/Wintery Mix is expected to start early in the morning and temperatures will not rise above freezing until after opening, or later. The early models would affect opening, the late ones could create problems […]
We are still monitoring the weather situation for Monday. We should have a definitive decision tomorrow evening, early Sunday at latest. Thanks. ?
In the event power will be an issue tomorrow (12/13/2017), we will do everything we can to give you plenty of notice. Please understand that should something happen overnight, we won’t know until morning, but we will let you know as early as we possibly can. This also applies to any other unexpected event we […]
At this time, we plan to be open tomorrow. However, if you are still affected by a power outage, or do not have water, or find road conditions on secondary roads are still not safe, please do not hesitate to stay home. In the event conditions should change, we will keep you informed.
We visited the school today. All that shiny stuff is ice, and thick. Not only is it unlikely that all of it and all of the snow will melt, it won’t evaporate and will refreeze tonight. This will make the parking lot, sidewalks, and playground unsafe. Consequently, we will not have school tomorrow. Enjoy the […]
UPDATE 2:50 PM: With the rain this afternoon, probably turning into a wintery mix through the night, and temperatures dropping throughout the day tomorrow, in the interest of safety for the students and families, we will not have school tomorrow. 10:53 AM: We are aware of the possibility of snow tomorrow and are monitoring the situation. […]
We hope all of you have weathered the storm with minimal damage. Things are looking good right now in Acworth. We don’t have any major road blockages and did not lose power. We plan to be open with a regular schedule tomorrow, Wednesday, September 13.
Though Irma should be well past us Tuesday morning, the likelihood of power outages and roads blocked because of fallen trees is very high, and very possibly worse for some families than others.