Today we were able to assess conditions at the lake. The current conditions, a lot of standing water and flooding, combined with the amount of rain expected today & tomorrow (almost 1.5″), Continue reading “Lake Day Changes”
Dates to keep in mind: Continue reading “End of the Year Odds & Ends”
The 2017-2018 School Calendar is now posted.
We were fortunate enough to receive a grant from the Dollar General Literacy Foundation (DGLF) for the 2016-2017 school year. DGLF generously helps out schools and non-profits that target literacy, especially, below grade level readers, readers with learning disabilities, and students with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs).
OUR GOAL was to achieve an increase in reading level of at least half a year, ideally a full year. It is not uncommon for many of our students to have seen no success with reading for 2-3 years before enrolling, so exactly when we see, and how much, improvement will vary from student to student.
Overall Reading Test ~ Average gain: 1.2 grade levels
- 45.7% of students saw greater than a 1 year gain
- 20% of students saw greater than a 2 year gain
- 3 students saw 3+ years gain
- Highest gain: 3.3 years
- 2nd Highest: 3.1 years
- 91.4% of students gained 1 year or more on at least one of the subtests
- 71.4% gained 2 years or more on at least 1 subtest
- 45.7% gained at least 3 years on at least one subtest
- 40% gained at least 1 year on 2 or more subtests
- 25.7% gained at least 2 years on 2 or more subtests
The biggest gains were Passage Comprehension
the most important test!
Average gain: 1.8 grade levels
- 60% saw more than a 1 year gain
- 45.7% saw more than a 2 year gain
- 34.3% saw more than a 3 year gain
- 17.1% saw more than a 4 year gain
In Acworth’s very first Dragon Boat Festival, benefiting Loving Arms Cancer Outreach, Ms. Kim raced with Acworth Mayor Tommy Allegood and other local business owners as Team Acworth, against Kennesaw’s Mayor and Team Kennesaw.
Watch the end of the race in the video below… Continue reading “Ms. Kim races with Team Acworth for Breast Cancer”